Jetson nano - KVM Acceleration - Android VM / Emulation Demo

I have done nothing different from the ant-micro steps. Previously I was not able to build AOSP as my system didnt have sufficient resources. But now I am able to and am checking.

As I told you,I get a different output than you,so I do something different using the same tutorial or my environment is different than the one requested by the tutorial. I’m not able to understand why,since I don’t know anyone else who wants to try the tutorial. Me and you are trying to get the same result,to run Android on the jetson nano. But it seems to me that you want to work alone,you don’t seem to be available to collaborate closely with me. In addition,I’ve already offered to you the resources of my powerful PC to make the experiments,but you said no. I have built the AOSP image several times.

1 Like

I have latest JetPack 4.5.1 and latest QEMU built from sources with following config:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --target-list=aarch64-softmmu,arm-softmmu,x86_64-softmmu --enable-kvm --enable-sdl --enable-virglrenderer --enable-opengl --enable-gtk --with-gtkabi=3.0 --enable-spice --enable-usb-redir --enable-libusb

No other difference I think

This never happens for me. It looks like the system could not find the init executable. Maybe the rsync command did not go through correctly. Retry the rsync with sudo.

rsync -avxHAX vendor-r{o,w}/

Must have sudo.

In your case the reboot is for a different reason:

[ 2.571227] init: execv(“/system/bin/init”) failed: No such file or directory

In my log it does not reboot but tries the startup sequence again and again. The main problem is starting the graphics driver…

lets do something like this : I will write all the commands that I issue on the konsole with the result that I get,you have to do the same. so,we will compare everything.

1 Like

at the end,after several months of research,we (me and @rreddy78) have been able to boot Android by Antmicro :

it boots even if a cyclic error happens :

the real problem now is that it is unabled to grab the connection to the net :

this is the configuration of qemu which works (except for the net)

tunctl -t tap0
ifconfig tap0 up
brctl addif virbr0 tap0

qemu-system-aarch64
-enable-kvm
-smp 4
-m 2048
-cpu host
-M virt
-device virtio-gpu-pci,xres=1024,yres=768
-display sdl,gl=on
-device usb-ehci
-device usb-kbd
-device virtio-tablet-pci
-usb
-serial stdio
-kernel Image
-initrd ramdisk.img
-drive index=0,if=none,id=system,file=system-rw.img
-device virtio-blk-pci,drive=system
-drive index=1,if=none,id=vendor,file=vendor-rw.img
-device virtio-blk-pci,drive=vendor
-drive index=2,if=none,id=userdata,file=userdata.img
-device virtio-blk-pci,drive=userdata
-device virtio-net-device,netdev=mynet
-netdev tap,id=mynet,ifname=tap0,script=no,downscript=no,vhost=on
-append “console=ttyAMA0,38400 drm.debug=0x0 rootwait rootdelay=5 androidboot.hardware=ranchu androidboot.selinux=permissive security=selinux selinux=1 androidboot.qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 androidboot.lcd.density=160”

1 Like

What are these commands for ?

Btw, did you try the hostfwd of net instead of one above ?

-netdev user,id=mynet,hostfwd=tcp::5550-:5555 -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=mynet \

In my case too I see the same log. But no display comes up. There is some mess up or change in configuration of qemu I have done (as I was building and installing the latest qemu from sources with different configurations). So I have to clean install of my sdcard and try this again.

Could you also tell us if you are able to run at higher resolutions e.g. 1920x1080. How smooth is the experience etc. ?

I’ve installed this version of qemu :

root@zi-desktop:/home/zi/Desktop/Work/I9/Android/Antmicro# qemu-system-aarch64 --version
QEMU emulator version 6.0.50 (v6.0.0-1145-g7258034ab4)

and the antmicro android does not boot anymore on the jetson nano. It works only with qemu-system-aarch64 vers. 5.0 dirty.