Jetson Nano loses frames using camera

Good afternoon, dear Nvidia! Please, could you tell me something about driver hierarchy of CSI-2 of Jetson Nano?
We are loosing some frames but it is forbidden for our use, so I need to find the places, where the leak can be and to fix this. Could you explain me the path of the frame from when we grabbed it to when we save it in rootfs? I’m new in using nvidia drivers, so it is hard to understand where I should search at first.
We don’t even know if it is V4L2 problem or Nvidia drivers. I think, I should print something at the earliest stage of the frame determination in the driver and then try to find where it can be lost.
Thus I want to find the point of the frame leakage

hello ATAineri,

please see-also Camera Architecture Stack.

what did you meant loses frames? is there a frame drop?
please examine the frame-rate by using v4l standard IOCTL,
for example,
$ v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --set-fmt-video=width=1920,height=1080,pixelformat=RG10 --set-ctrl bypass_mode=0 --stream-mmap --stream-count=300

you may also try gst pipeline with disabling preview and shows frame-rate only.
for example,
gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=0 ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=1920, height=1080, framerate=30/1, format=NV12' ! nvvidconv ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),format=I420' ! fpsdisplaysink text-overlay=0 video-sink=fakesink sync=0 -v

Thank you! Yes - it is about frame drop.
We are using camera in single shot mode then it is problematic when we are loosing the only 1 frame that we did, so I try to understand where can we loose it.

could you please also check the reported frame-rate with above commands.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.