Jetson Nano Micro USB pin on Dev Kit board is not getting detected for flashing

My Jetson nano Dev Kit Micro USB pin is not getting detected. I want to flash the nano with device tree but am unable to do that because of micro usb not getting detected. If i try with other nano then it works, but this one nano doesn’t detect.

Did you put your board into recovery mode?

If you are sure it is in recovery mode, and if you are using the same USB cable as the working ones, and if not using a VM, then monitor “dmesg --follow” on the host PC. Then plug in the cable and post what the new log lines are which are a result of the USB plugin.

Yes, i did that. But the VM is not detecting the device. Nor my Windows is detecting the device.

I tried the “dmesg --follow” but there is nothing, i can’t see the detection log for my device.

In the case of a VM this is usually the configuration of the VM not picking up the USB. If Windows is truly not picking up the USB plugin, then there might be a problem. It is difficult to say though since Windows might not indicate a plugin of an unknown device.

You might try from an actual Linux system. Although I’d recommend installing dual boot with Ubuntu 18.04 for the older Nano (not Orin), you could use a live DVD or thumb drive (which doesn’t install, and only runs in ram) for testing. When booted to a live Ubuntu 18 distribution you could monitor “dmesg --follow” and see if USB is recognized there. If the cable is good, and if you are sure you held the recovery pin while either starting power or resetting power (then remove recovery pin), and if it still does not show up, then there is likely a problem with the Jetson. If anything at all shows up in logs for that plugin, then likely the problem is one of the VM environment.

I tried to do that, but no luck. The usb is not getting detected.

Just for testing, is there any other Linux PC you could plug the recovery mode Jetson into while monitoring “dmesg --follow”? It sounds like there might be an actual hardware failure, but USB is so dependent upon good signal quality that it is probably too early to figure out.

This is a longshot, but if you have an oscilloscope or logic analyzer capable of running at those speeds, then you could just check if TX and RX have activity upon plugin.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.