I know this topic has been covered many times, but it seems my problem is a little different.
I originally purchased a Noctua FAN for the jetson nano, but only after delivery I figured it’s a 3 PIN one but I used it plug in without the tachometer PIN although it was on all the time at 100% too.
Recently I got tired of the noise and while purchasing some other stuff I also got a 4 PIN PWM fan here: Cooling Fan For Jetson Nano - DFRobot
Anyway, it seems the actual RPM of the fan won’t change with this fan either. From the moment I put the barrel power connector in, the fan starts 100% and remains that way no matter what I do.
- I have the B01 version of nano, using the PWM fan 4 pin connector
- I have jtop to see and modify the fan speed - no matter what I set it to, still at 100%
- manual setting of ‘target_pwm’ does not change the fan speed either
- I installed jetson-fan-ctl and I can clearly see the dynamic fan setting based on the target_pwm value in jtop but again the actual fan speed does not change.
- The fan RPM never fluctuate
- my temps are around 23-25 deg C all the time in MAXN power profile
- after turning the system off, the FAN stays on - this was a behavior also with the Noctua fan.
So I tried putting it into another PC as a “system fan” and from BIOS I was able to change its speed …
Any help is welcome at this point …