Jetson nano shows nvidia logo 2 times for few seconds and then shuts down display

That is strange since running update doesn’t actually install anything; it just prepares the system for and upgrade or install of some package.

How do you have the Nano powered on?

UPDATE: The power supply is Apple original iPhone charger which gives constant 2.4A (checked with multimeter).
Even tried with Barrel Jack from dedicated 3.1A supply.

After several tries: Looks like it is primarily power consumption issue at the boot sequence.
After removing HDMI cable and USB keyboard/mouse, Nano didn’t crash at boot.
Then while it was running, connected HDMI and keyboard, and it was fine.

Something in the boot sequence of the GUI is drawing too much power, which makes it crash.

reach4nk,

Could you try #22?

Comment #22 worked for me! I was seeing the splash screen, start of boot sequence, then green led would turn off and display would lose signal.

Unplugging display, keyboard and mouse and then reconnecting after boot worked.
I was using a 5.2V 2.4A ipad usb power supply.

Are you using the pin 1-2 button switch to power on?

At least on Pi, expanding the root filesystem to fit the disk is done on first boot. If I were to open a flashed sdcard with gparted before then, it would show unused space. That’s normal. ‘Fixing’ it with gparted, however, would probably break the system.

Your solution might be as simple as not messing with gparted after the flash. FWIW dd and gnome-disks (suggest use that instead of gparted) both can flash the image fine to sd-card as well, but they don’t do a verification pass unless you check manually.

I just pulled down the latest Raspbian image and burnt it to a 32GB uSD card the same as I do with the JetPack or JetBot images and then ran GParted and no message appeared. It only shows the formatted partitions and the unallocated space, thus nothing was need to do at this point. I then plugged it into a RasPi and it booted and went through the initial set-up without issue.

With the JetPack and JetBot images, I have to run GParted each time after running Etcher otherwise the Nano will not boot. This works for me. If it does not work for you, then you can follow another path.

Hi salim.tekin,

Do you remember your RMA number?

Hi WayneWWW,

My RMA number was 10753778707. Did you find the problem?

Best Regards,
salim.tekin