Jetson Nano shuts down during the Inference in 10w mode.

When Jetson Nano is ran in 10W mode, its shuts down during inference.

I have already referred these link but is not helpful.

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1057623/jetson-nano/jetson-nano-shuts-down-automatically-/

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1058663/jetson-nano/jetson-shuts-down-when-running-classification_interactive/

Now I’m powering the Jetson-Nano using a barrel power input from a RPS.(I have cut the wire from the adapter and given it to the power terminals of the RPS and providing a constant 5V supply.)

Still the problem persists. Please give me a solution ASAP.

Thank You.

Hi diliprc96, first try changing your board to 5W mode and running the inference:

$ sudo nvpmodel -m 1

If you do not experience the shut-down in 5W mode, this would point to an issue with your power supply. In that case, please refer to this thread for recommended power supplies. For barrel jack adapters, Adafruit’s 5V⎓4A switching power supply (GEO241DA-0540) is recommended.

Hi, Thank you for your response.

I will try changing the power supply with 4A and get back to you.

hi, the same issue i am facing ,when i run my program in 5W mode, the nano runs properly without any crash but the process are too slow power supply given from 5V 2amps battery bank,when compared to running in 10W mode in same power supply it crashes and shut down ,can i know why its happening?
what is happening internally with 5W mode, how it runs without any crash?
I want to run my program with battery bank may be it can extend to 5v 3A battery.
can i able to achieve it to run in 10 w mode with above battery supply without any crash?
I know in 5W mode only 2 cores are available to process? is there any method to activate all 4 cores in 5W mode.
Please suggest any ideas , it will be helpful.
Thanks

Hi @saisubramani68

First of all please do check if your deep-learning is compatible with Jetson Nano. In my case, I was trying to run a MaskRCNN which is a computationally very heavy for Jetson nano or any other edge devices.

Also the reason for shutdown of Jetson nano in 10W mode is because of insufficient power. I had to run the Nano on a variable power supply with almost double the power specified in documents.

Also check your power dissipation, you may have to connect an external fan if the heat-sink is not helping.

Hope I was able to help you. Unfortunately, I couldn’t continue my work on Jetson nano so, unable to provide more insights.

Please free to post, will help you my best.

Thanks for the reply,
Yolov3 is the model which i am using and it is running good when it run individually.
unfortunately when it run with the application, it crashes. so we are trying to reduce the hardware attached to jetson nano or we are planning to give external power supply for hardware which we are using.