Jetson Nano Terminal Issue and Power switching modes issue

If you are really flashing “Jetson NX” and it keeps failed. I would suggest you try another host to flash.

The log indicates no error from the device side because the flash process is not even starting. It failed to do preparation work over the host.

same again it stopped at 99% even i checked with cable everything…i have doubt can we format everything like new board?

And the answer to this question is already shown. What you are doing now is trying to format everything. That is what sdkmanager is doing.

i have both jetson nano and jetson agx …both having same problem like terminal and power switching modes are not working so what did is for nano I installed again jetpack so its started working (terminal and power modes) after some days again the same issue was coming…that’s why I posted. coming to jetson AGX the same terimal and power modes are not working for this also …then I got suggestion from you like re install/re flash the device using SDK manager …that’s what I am trying now and its stopped flashing at 99%…i have not used anywhere jetson NX…how will it come? what ever I have done the export logs only I shared to this forum.

1. jetson nano problem - terminal is not opening and power switching modes are not working
  2. jetson agx- same issue as mentioned above but when I am trying to flash using SDK manager I am unable to complete 100% …its stopped at 99%.

Hi,

Please be aware that do not misunderstand the cause and the fix.

i have both jetson nano and jetson agx …both having same problem like terminal and power switching modes are not working so what did is for nano I installed again jetpack so its started working (terminal and power modes) after some days again the same issue was coming…that’s why I posted.

What you are saying here is how you crashed the board. However, this is not clear enough. So I don’t really want to focus on this for now.

then I got suggestion from you like re install/re flash the device using SDK manager …that’s what I am trying now and its stopped flashing at 99%…

Yes, this is the fix. But the reason that this fix got stuck has nothing to do with your board. Already explained in previous comment.

i have not used anywhere jetson NX…how will it come?

The answer to this question can only be answered by yourself. What does sdkmanager GUI show? Does it say it is flashing a jetson NX?

so could you tell me the reasons why terminal and power modes are not working?

Hi,

You are still asking me the cause of this issue. As I said, what you told us couldn’t help because the info is not sufficient…
What you told me was just like “my computer used for few days and it cannot work, why?”.
It is impossible for us to just tell the reason with such description.

Another worse case is you said you "rm -rf /usr " your board already. Thus, it is unlikely to recover on the device direclty. Under such case, there is really no need to fix on the board. That was why I said flash it with sdkamanger, because that will be a easier way.

Please just focus on fixing the sdkmanager issue. First, check why your sdkmanager is flashing NX but not Nano…

Hopefully flash will get the device working as expected. If one then encounters the “new” case of the problem happening it is possible to examine the logs right after this happens to find a clue (there are a lot of reasons why the problem “might” happen, and currently no chance to pick among them without information). The moment the problem occurs there is likely to be a benefit from things like serial console logs.

kindly please see the post SDK manager logs of AGX Xavier…

Hello

I can tell my situation what happened exactly…one day i have installed some softwares as usual for my research after shutdown the board. The next day when I am trying to use the terminal suddenly it is not working and power modes are also not showing…i was shocked and tried many ways to solve the issue. so what information I can post here if don’t know the exact problem. I request kindly look into the issue. Because this is what exactly happened.

This issue was happened for both boards but i reinstall the jetpack for nano and the issue was solved. so what i did is i installed the same packages again …now same terminal and power modes are again not working.

but for agx xavier i was trying to install through SDK manager which you suggested…flash stopped at 99% only…those logs only posted here

Just a general thought, and not conclusive, but power modes depend on the kernel being configured to have the right options which produce certain “fake” (pseudo) files in “/sys”. If the software install changed the kernel, then this would cause all kinds of havoc (and “/sys” files based on the power features would go missing). Any software which alters the kernel, and is not aware of the NVIDIA-specific kernel requirements, should probably be blacklisted (or instead set up to use the NVIDIA kernel instead of a “new” kernel).

If your stuck point of sdkmanager is always same, the switch to another host as I already said in previous comment.

Let me go straight here. How you crashed your board does not matter now. No need to mention you also said you don’t know what you’ve done. This provides no information.