Jetson Nano Text Mode Streaming Video

Hi guys, I wanna be able to see only my video screen and not the desktop of the Nano. I discovered there is a text only mode that you can enable with the command line “systemctl set-default multi-user.target”. I was wondering if there is any way to launch gstreamer in text mode so i can see my streaming video.

Hi,
You may try nvoverlaysink plugin. Please refer to examples in gstreamer user guide

I tried but it didn’t work. Is it even possible to see a video stream in text mode ? Is there another way?

Hi,
You may try nvdrmvideosink

Still it does not work. Is smt wrong with my pipeline. It was working with appsink.

“tcpclientsrc host=0.0.0.0 port=0000 ! gdpdepay ! rtph264depay ! h264parse ! nvv4l2decoder ! nvvidconv flip-method=‘+str(flip)+’ ! video/x-raw,format=BGRx ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw, width=‘+str(dispW)+’, height=‘+str(dispH)+’,format=BGR ! nvdrmvideosink”

Note:I am ofc changing host ip and port to my host ip and port number. And “flip” ,“dispW” ,“dispH” are defined.

Hi,
Seem like the render sinks cannot work in the mode. Please revive Ubunut desktop and try the steps in gstreamer user guide

DRM Video Sink (Video playback using DRM)
This sink element uses DRM to render video on connected displays.
1.Stop the display manager:
sudo systemctl stop gdm
sudo loginctl terminate-seat seat0
2.Enter this command to start the GStreamer pipeline using nvdrmvideosink:
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=<filename.mp4> ! \
  qtdemux! queue ! h264parse !nvv4l2decoder ! nvdrmvideosink -e

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.