Jetson Nano & TFmini Lidar

Hi, I am trying to connect the TFmini Lidar from Benewake to Jetson Nano, but unfortunately, my TFmini wasn’t detected by the Jetson.
I have followed the port connection of TFmini from this source https://github.com/TFmini/TFmini-RaspberryPi, as it is working well on Raspberry Pi.

Can someone suggest me how to connecting the Jetson nano & TFmini? since there is no tutorial/reference/information on connecting Jetson Nano & TFmini Lidar.
Thank you.

Hi,
We don’t have experience of using the device. Also don’t see much information about running it on Jetson Nano in online search. The drivers look spefici to RasperryPi.

Other users may share experience here. Also suggest you go to https://www.jetsonhacks.com/about-us/
There might be users doing certain experiment of porting it to Jetson Nano.

Hi, thanks for replying.
I am succesfully connect the TFMiniPlus with Jetson Nano by using UART port and ttyTHS1.

So, let me close this case.
Thanks!

I am having same issue right now with tfmini plus. How did you managed to get your lidar to work?

I get this error >

/usr/bin/python3 /home/irfwas/Desktop/pypro/lidar/lidarSetup.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/serial/serialposix.py”, line 265, in open
self.fd = os.open(self.portstr, os.O_RDWR | os.O_NOCTTY | os.O_NONBLOCK)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/dev/ttyTHS1’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/irfwas/Desktop/pypro/lidar/lidarSetup.py”, line 5, in
ser = serial.Serial("/dev/ttyTHS1", 115200)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/serial/serialutil.py”, line 240, in init
self.open()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/serial/serialposix.py”, line 268, in open
raise SerialException(msg.errno, “could not open port {}: {}”.format(self._port, msg))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 13] could not open port /dev/ttyTHS1: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/dev/ttyTHS1’

Hi irfwas,

Please help to open a new topic for your issue. Thanks