Jetson Nano Upgraded model questions

On the Jeston Nano, since the 8-pin button header with system power, reset, and force recovery related signals is removed, how can we add a reset and power button option in cases like the most popular waveshare case that use these pins to connect the added peripherals?

Hi lincolnstudios, the button header is still there, it was moved to make way for the second MIPI CSI camera connector. It is now oriented horizontally on the top side of the board near the edge of the module:

See J50 in this diagram from the updated Jetson Nano Developer Kit User Guide:

Has anyone found a useful case that works with this new configuration?

I checked already and no one has an upgraded case yet. I will be building a 3D model of one soon and will post it here after it’s finished.

Yes, I need the distance to an object in um.
Just tried to purchase but they do not list the SOM or carrier versions at the store here, not buying until they do…

Hi kangusz1fss, please see this post about your question: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1071159/jetson-nano/jetson-nano-new-version-b01-/post/5427221/#5427221

How can we add a reset and power button option in cases like the most popular waveshare case that use these pins to connect the added peripherals?

Typically the momentary push-buttons for the reset and power buttons connect to the header via wires, so hopefully you can run the wires to the updated header location. Otherwise it may need longer cabling to do so.

Thank you, that is what I thought. Can you point out where we would do the same on the new boards as what is being displayed in this image in detail or even just mark up one of your images like the one above?

https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/File:Jetson-case-assemble-manual-13.jpg

If you look in the updated Jetson Nano Developer Kit User Guide, it lists the new layout of the J50 Button header (see the bottom of page 5). There should also be small silkscreen labels under each button header pin on the new board.