Jetson-nano USB camera can't play

hello,
I have connected USB-Live2 as a USB camera (https://hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_usblive2.html) to the jetson nano but it doesn’t appear
this is the usb info :
~$ hwinfo --usb
23: USB 00.2: 0000 Unclassified device
[Created at usb.122]
Unique ID: l7Xq.Uapw7GE0fS1
Parent ID: cLrx.xvTGa+XkbXF
SysFS ID: /devices/70090000.xusb/usb1/1-2/1-2.1/1-2.1:1.2
SysFS BusID: 1-2.1:1.2
Hardware Class: unknown
Model: “Hauppauge Device”
Hotplug: USB
Vendor: usb 0x2040 “Hauppauge”
Device: usb 0xc200 “Hauppauge Device”
Revision: “40.01”
Serial ID: “0013746746”
Speed: 480 Mbps
Module Alias: “usb:v2040pC200d4001dcEFdsc02dp01icFFiscFFipFFin02”
Config Status: cfg=new, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown
Attached to: #24 (Hub)

but we want to list camera :
~$ v4l2-ctl --list-devices
Failed to open /dev/video0: No such file or directory

can anyone help plz?

best regards,
raj

For “/dev/video0” (or any “video#”) to exist the device has to be a UVC device. If this device has its own driver, then you need their software (UVC is “USB Video Class”, and is available by default on most USB capable systems).

If you look at the output of “lsusb” you will see an “ID” for each device. I don’t know what your ID is, but I’ll guess from the hwinfo it is “2040:c200”. In this case you could get a verbose lsusb via:
sudo lsusb -d 2040:c200 -vvv
…or with log:
sudo lsusb -d 2040:c200 -vvv | log_lsusb.txt

If you could post this it would probably verify if this uses a generic UVC driver, or if a custom driver is required. I am going to guess it is not UVC.

Thanks for a fast reply,
you are right the about the vendor and this is the log log_lsusb.txt (12.6 KB)

what can I do to install the driver?
The USB-Live2 is working on my pc(ubuntu 18) can it help?to move the driver from my pc to the jetson nano?

The log verifies it is a custom driver (vendor specific class). Does the vendor provide a driver in source code format? Or is there a compatible driver in the Linux kernel source? If so, then you could compile a module from either the vendor’s source code or the Linux kernel’s source code (having the source code, but not being configured is common…in which case you would just compile that one feature and copy the module file in).

If there is no driver available, then you may be out of luck. In some cases source will also use assembler from a specific architecture, in which case you may still be out of luck, but you need to find the source code to know.

1 Like

Hello raj241992
Did you find any solution today? Have same troubles (usb2live and Nano)
The fact is Hauppauge provides a PPA for Ubuntu www.hauppauge.com/linux but not compatible with ARM arch
Since there, I do not know what to do!
best regards