Jetson nano wifi

I am using the Edimax EW-7811UN Wifi adapter with the Jetson Nano and am experiencing poor connectivity, including many lost packets during ping tests to nearby connected laptop.

Disabling power save mode did not resolve the issue. Has an official fix been identified for this?

Does the latest image have the driver fix now? I am going to order the Edimax EW-7811Un.
Should I expect issues? Thx +regards

the solution won’t work anymore;
tested on nano B01 with DP_4.4
Any insights?
Upd.
works with downgraded driver

BACKPORTS_VERSION="(see git)"
BACKPORTED_KERNEL_VERSION="(see git)"
BACKPORTED_KERNEL_NAME="iwlwifi"
BACKPORTS_BUILD_TSTAMP=__DATE__ \" \" __TIME__
BACKPORTS_GIT_TRACKED="iwlwifi-stack-public:release/core46:7824:3d665049"
BACKPORTS_BRANCH_TSTAMP="May 23 2019 10:47:35"

[See update below] I had the same problem with the Edimax EW-7811UN, and can confirm, that as on July 25 2020 with the latest NVIDIA image, that the simple blacklisting of the driver posted by feicccccc (echo “blacklist rtl8192cu" | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf) still works, and solves the problem. No need to build anything from source, or try the various more complex solutions proposed here.

Update: Although this ‘fix’ does enable a reliable wifi connection, it now seems that the wifi throughput is extremely low, and results in a 20 second video lag from the camera with the teleoperation tutorial. In fact, the lag increases with time - so it is throughput issue, not a latency issue. I tried a wired ethernet connection, and all is fine. The video resolution I am using is the standard tutorial setting - which is only 300 x 300.

I am about to give up with the Edimax, unless anyone can post a solution. Come on nvidia - the Edimax EW-7811UN is one of your recommended wifi adapters.

Incidentally, I also have a problem with the wifi dongle not always coming up at boot. This may be unrelated - possibly power supply related - but the wifi dongle is confirmed to be good on other machines.

Not sure if this will help anyone or not but, I experienced disconnects with my usb wifi modules of various brands and various drivers, edimax, tp-link, etc. I noticed that after sometime the connection just “quits” and you have to re-connect.

Oddly enough, the lasting solution that has worked everytime is to simply put your usb wifi dongle on a usb extension.

I believe the nano gets really hot and transfers some heat to the usb ports. This then causes the wifi dongles to act funky. So by putting it on a usb extension you can prevent the heat from transfering to the dongle.

I’m using an Edimax N150 module, I’ve been able to connect the Jetson to a WPA2-Enterprise EAP protected wi-fi network. The Jetson must be moving through a building so the router to which it connects changes. The problem is that every time the router changes, internet connection is lost. Surprisingly it is still connected to the network, but it looses al possible ways to send or receive information through wifi. Is there any way to stop this behavior?

I followed these instructions to install the Edimax drivers Adding WiFi to the NVIDIA Jetson - learn.sparkfun.com

If more information is required please ask me.

Hi estpm96,

Please help to open a new topic for your issue. Thanks