Jetson openCV cannot find -lopencv_nonfree

R21.2 CUDA and openCV installed from Nvidia

trying to build cascadeclassifier.cpp fails cannot find -lopencv_nonfree

nonfree is specific to GPU SIFT SURF

so what am I missing?

Jonathan

http://elinux.org/Jetson/Tutorials/Vision-controlled_GPIO

Sorry that was my fault, I accidentally added “-lopencv_nonfree” to that Wiki page when actually it doesn’t use the nonfree module at all. The nonfree module only contains SIFT & SURF, that are both patented algorithms and therefore NVIDIA isn’t going to provide those. If you just want cascadeclassifier (eg: face detection) and not SIFT or SURF, then just remove “-lopencv_nonfree” from your command. (I removed it from the Wiki tutorial just now).

built without this dependency but did not run successfully:

ubuntu@tegra-ubuntu:~/faceActivatedGPIO$ ./cascadeclassifier --cascade ~/opencv/data/haarcascades/haarcascade_frontalface_alt.xml --camera 0
Device 0: “GK20A” 1894Mb, sm_32, Driver/Runtime ver.6.50/6.50
OpenCV Error: Gpu API call (NCV Assertion Failed: NcvStat=25, file=/hdd/buildbot/slave_jetson_tk1_2/52-O4T-L4T/opencv/modules/gpu/src/nvidia/NCVHaarObjectDetection.cu, line=2215
) in NCVDebugOutputHandler, file /hdd/buildbot/slave_jetson_tk1_2/52-O4T-L4T/opencv/modules/gpu/src/cascadeclassifier.cpp, line 173
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘cv::Exception’
what(): /hdd/buildbot/slave_jetson_tk1_2/52-O4T-L4T/opencv/modules/gpu/src/cascadeclassifier.cpp:173: error: (-217) NCV Assertion Failed: NcvStat=25, file=/hdd/buildbot/slave_jetson_tk1_2/52-O4T-L4T/opencv/modules/gpu/src/nvidia/NCVHaarObjectDetection.cu, line=2215
in function NCVDebugOutputHandler

Aborted

have updated tutorial, issue was

Testing_OpenCV threw up some issue around the webcams I am using, ie 2 work fine but not with openCV**

PS3 eyecam ran all other test including Hough.

How could I add nonfree module to OpenCV4Tegra if I wanna use SIFT/SURF in my program? I know I could build OpenCV with full modules from source, but I really don’t want to lose the optimization for Tegra.
Thank you

I posted the 2 options for nonfree module onto the Wiki: http://elinux.org/Jetson/Installing_OpenCV#Prebuilt_OpenCV_library_versus_Building_the_OpenCV_library_from_source

Hello,

I’m having the same issue on my TK1 with CUDA 6.5 and OpenCV 3.0

Device 0: “GK20A” 1889Mb, sm_32, Driver/Runtime ver.6.50/6.50
OpenCV Error: Gpu API call (NCV Assertion Failed: NcvStat=25, file=/home/ubuntu/Opencv/opencv-3.0.0/modules/cudalegacy/src/cuda/NCVHaarObjectDetection.cu, line=2421) in NCVDebugOutputHandler, file /home/ubuntu/Opencv/opencv-3.0.0/modules/cudaobjdetect/src/cascadeclassifier.cpp, line 156
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘cv::Exception’
what(): /home/ubuntu/Opencv/opencv-3.0.0/modules/cudaobjdetect/src/cascadeclassifier.cpp:156: error: (-217) NCV Assertion Failed: NcvStat=25, file=/home/ubuntu/Opencv/opencv-3.0.0/modules/cudalegacy/src/cuda/NCVHaarObjectDetection.cu, line=2421 in function NCVDebugOutputHandler

Aborted

I already change the web-cam and the same result.
Could you post tour solution please??