Jetson orin developer kit upgrading to R35 fails in reboot

Hello,

I got Jetson orin developer kit before Christmas, which was working fine out of box. Then I follow instructions (Software Packages and the Update Mechanism — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation). After I reboot by following instruction #5, the deviceis no longer operational.

I use monitor/keyboard/mouse attached to the device. When booting up, the device shows nvidia logo momentarily, then shutdown without responding to keyboard/mouse.

Please advise how to fix the problem so I can get the device working.

Thanks and with Best Regads

Flash your board with sdkmanager. That is the real step 1 when you receive jetson device.

Hi WayneWWW,

Thanks a lot for your quick response! After I reflash the device with sdk manager, do I follow the instructions in Software Packages and the Update Mechanism — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation again?

Thanks and with Best Regards

No, you can directly flash rel-35.1 in sdkmanager so that you don’t need to “upgrade” it again.

Hi WayneWWW,

Got it! Thanks a lot again.

Happy New Year!

1 Like

Hi WayneWWW,

I downloaded sdk manager, installed and ran it on my ubuntu 20.04. When it came to the point of flashing to device, it failed, as depicted in attached screenshot. I ran lsusb and didn’t find NVIDIA. It appears the device is not powered on. When I press the power button, it runs monetarily and then shutdown. I can tell from the connected display that it runs monetarily because I saw the NVIDIA logo pops up and then display turn blank.

Do you have any idea what’s going on?

Thanks and with Best Regards

Hi,

Did you put the board into recovery mode?

Board can only get flashed when in recovery mode.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.