Jetson Orin L4T Docker with DALI support

Hi,
I have a Jetson AGX Orin flashed with JetPack 5.0.2 (L4T R35.1.0) and I’m using it to train a Deep Learning model with PyTorch. I used a base docker image from nvidia oficial repository: nvcr.io/nvidia/l4t-pytorch:r35.1.0-pth1.11-py3
Then I need nvidia DALI python package, and i followed the instructions in README.md of the github repository to install via pip package.

When the image is built, i execute using the following command:
docker run -it --runtime nvidia --net host <image_name>

And when executing my python script to train the following error appears:

dlopen libnvidia-ml.so failed!. Please install GPU dirver[/opt/dali/dali/util/nvml_wrap.cc:69] nvmlInitChecked failed: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src/train.py", line 286, in <module>
    train(train_loop_func, logger, args)
  File "src/train.py", line 148, in train
    train_loader = get_train_loader(args, args.seed - 2**31)
  File "/workspace/pytorch_nvidia/src/ssd/data.py", line 40, in get_train_loader
    train_pipe.build()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/nvidia/dali/pipeline.py", line 861, in build
    self._pipe.Build(self._generate_build_args())
RuntimeError: nvml error (13): Local version of NVML doesn't implement this function

I’m missing something or how i can solve this error?

1 Like

Hi @mboletboixeda, the NVML library isn’t supported on Jetson, which is probably why it is throwing this error.

Regarding DALI support on Jetson, please see here:

https://docs.nvidia.com/deeplearning/dali/user-guide/docs/compilation.html#cross-compiling-for-aarch64-jetson-linux-docker

If you encounter further issues, I would recommend following up on the DALI github so that the DALI team can take a look.

1 Like

@mboletboixeda I faced the same issue and after a lot of trial and error managed to build DALI backend support on Jetson AGX (I assume that the process should be similar for Orin).

You can take a look into a Medium blog I wrote about this: How to install NVIDIA DALI TRITON backend on Jetson devices? | by Ivan Ralašić | Feb, 2023 | Medium

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.