Jetson Orin Nano Developer KIt - Booting Device Doubts

Hi,

I’m using a Jetson Orin Nano Developer Kit (8 GB) version with the following details:

Boot Device: SD Card
Jetpack Version: 5.0 DP

I was not able to boot into the system suddenly, so I reflashed the device and it worked once. The second time I booted into the system, it was not booting again. Reflashed the device and it is working fine now. But, as discussed in this post, Jetson Orin Nano Devkit doesn't boot up - #3 by DaveYYY, I would like to change the boot device to SSD and have procured a Crucial P3 500 GB SSD card.

1. My doubt is whether I can have two boot devices - SD card and SSD in parallel, and select which device I want to boot into from the Boot Manager. Can I use it like a dual boot device with two separate OS so that I can switch easily when one crashes? Botn SD and SSD will be connected at all times.

2. If the above option is not possible, can I use the devices separately? Or, will installing OS on the SSD make my SD OS invalid?

Thanks.

1. For flashing into NVMe drives:
sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 \
  -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -p "-c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml" \
  --showlogs --network usb0 jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r36.2/DeveloperGuide/IN/QuickStart.html

1. For changing the boot order:
    UEFI Adaptation — NVIDIA Jetson Linux Developer Guide 1 documentation

From the second link, I find that both devices can be used and the order can be selected. Installing NVMe won’t affect the SD installation. Please correct me if I am wrong.

YES, exactly.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.