Jetson Orin Nano software encoder is not working for me

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson Orin Nano
• DeepStream Version 6.4
**• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)**6.0
• TensorRT Version8.6.2.3
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
**• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)**x264enc not working for me??
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

Hi, I’m very new but I’ve set up my Orin Nano and have successfully run the deepstream-app -c with the source4_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8.txt and it runs as described but as soon as I enable the sink0 for a file output I get a small video file with unreadable file or if I enable sink1 for an rtsp stream output I can open the stream with vlc but the output is just green and of course the logs are giving me the ‘gstnvtracker: Unable to acquire a user meta buffer. Try increasing user-meta-pool-size’ message.

And when I run this:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=sample_720p.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! nvv4l2decoder ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=NV12’ ! nvvidconv ! video/x-raw, format=I420 ! x264enc ! h264parse ! filesink location=transcode-test-01.mp4 -e

I get a 11mb file that doesn’t play. The ubuntu media player says it’s an empty file and vlc just doesn’t play and doesn’t give a message.

I have tried to find a solution in the forums but I haven’t found what I missed.

I could use a little guidance please.

EDIT** I get the identical behaviour when I run the deepstream:6.4-samples-multiarch docker container as well.

1 Like

This is a bug in DS-6.4 and there is currently no workaround.

You can only roll back to DS-6.3 or wait for the next version

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.