Jetson TK1 L4T flashing won't boot

Hi, I downloaded L4T and called sudo ./flash.sh jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1. This worked fine. Except when I power cycled the device (I have to pull out power cord as hitting reset/power cannot get the device out of recovery mode), the boot message from serial console says that it cannot find the DTB file under /boot.

I took a look at ./flash.sh, no where in the code does it copy the dtb into the /boot in rootfs. Instead it puts it in a separate DTB partition. I was wondering is this a bug? I have changed nothing from the L4T R21.4 that I downloaded from NVIDIA’s site. This used to work fine.

Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

In your installer rootfs/boot/ subdirectory, is the dtb file there? This is where the dtb is actually copied from during a flash.

If the file is there, then I would try to flash again with “sudo ./flash.sh -S 14580MiB jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1”. Lack of enough loopback device size would possibly cause truncation of files being copied into the loopback device…which in turn could cause the install to fail via missing files.

Thanks. It turns out I forgot to run apply_binaries.sh which is the script that copies in the dtb to the /boot.