Jetson TK1: Problem compiling with nvcc when including <future>

I was porting code over from a Visual studio 2013 project and ran into problems compiling with when including

A simple test would be to do:

#include
int main()
{ return 0; }

And try and build that with nvcc. In my case, I get an error stating:

/usr/include/c++/4.8/future(451): internal error: assertion failed at “/dvs/p4/build/sw/rel/gpu_drv/r343/r343_00/drivers/compiler/edg/EDG_4.8/src/decl_inits.c”, line 3135

If it matters I’m running Grinch v21.3.4.

Does anyone know why this happens with future? I don’t have this issue with visual studio.

Which version of nvcc is that? (based on your driver version, it appears to be CUDA 6.5 or before)

If you’re not sure, try:

nvcc --version

This looks like a compiler bug. I note that on linux (not Jetson, though), if I compile with nvcc (and using -std=c++11) from either CUDA 6.5, 7.0 or 7.5RC, I don’t see this issue.

nvcc --version returns

nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver
Copyright (c) 2005-2014 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Fri_Dec_12_11:12:07_CST_2014
Cuda compilation tools, release 6.5, V6.5.35

You might want to file a bug. You might also want to try updating your Jetson to a newer CUDA version if it’s not too much trouble.

Note that the TK1/K1 is limited to CUDA 6.5. Post is here.

The minor release version number has been bumped a few times though.

The latest is: cuda-repo-l4t-r21.3-6-5-prod_6.5-42_armhf.deb

The tools minor number doesn’t always match the driver minor so you might already be on the latest.

OK then, it’s possible that even if the issue is confirmed, it might not get fixed.

The usual “workaround” suggested for such issues is to partition the code that would depend on into a .cpp file, and put your other (CUDA) code in a .cu file.

I’m meeting the same error,so it’s a bug still not be fixed of CUDA 6.5?

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/988913/jetson-tk1/a-catastrophic-error-detected-in-the-compilation-of-cuckoohash-/