Jetson TK1 stuck at boot after flashing

Hi all,
the board gets stuck at booting, it shows a huge exception stack, i can’t type anything.
I tried to flash the board several times.
I’m running Ubuntu in a VirtualBox on a Macbook.
I followed the instructions with the following command lines:

sudo tar xpf Tegra124…
cd Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs
sudo tar xpf Tegra_Sample_Root_system…
cd …
sudo ./apply_binaries
sudo ./flash -S 14GiB jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1

Directly after the flash Ubuntu L4T appears on the screen from the board, but when I try to reboot the board through terminal or a push the reset button on the board, the same error appears again and it won’t boot again into Ubuntu.

Please help me

Thanks!

I suggest you to reflash again using instructions on Grinch kernel thread (in first post below change logs). Its the simpliest way, just copy-paste commands.

I’m highly suspicious of a non-native linux install using a file system different from native linux. Meaning that if you share the real hard drive with the virtual system, you should not use the Mac file system format. If you were in windows and your virtual linux install used NTFS file system type, you guarantee failed flash. Not sure which file system type Mac uses, but unless your virtual linux uses something like ext3 or ext4, then your Mac is guaranteed to fail. File permissions on the host must work exactly like the Ubuntu L4T being installed. Any failure at all to preserve permissions and run as root will cause failure (need root to preserve permissions of root or create device special files, and need a filesystem which allows root to do so).

The other issue some people are having is that their host either does not have /dev/loop0 (hard wired to flash.sh script), or else /dev/loop0 is already in use by something else.

Can you verify that your host has a native linux file system? And does that system have /dev/loop0? What is the output of losetup --find? Should be loop0, running the --find option as root will actually create loop0 if it didn’t exist.

Macs use a filesystem called HFS+, which is indeed largely incompatible with Linux. The virtualized environment should use ext3 or ext4 by default, I know my VirtualBox installation does on both Mac and Windows. There are some utilities that bring ext* capability to the Mac, but you’re better off loading the device in VirtualBox and formatting from there.