JETSON TX1 ERROR : tegra-xhci tegra-xhci: failed to init firmware from filesystem tegra21x_xusb_firm...

Hi i need help…
I found message tegra-xhci tegra-xhci: failed to init firmware from filesystem tegra21x_xusb_firmware after update.
Before installing JETPACK, I updated ubuntu 14.02 to 16.02. and rebooted.
After rebooting, The USB 3.0 port and micro usb-b port don’t working…
I can’t do anything.
I tried to factory reset in the recovery mode but i didn’t install JetPack yet and don’t use Usb Port, So I can not.
how do i reset JETSON TX1…?

You can’t update the Ubuntu version through any means other than the flash software (either command line or JetPack works, the Ubuntu mechanism does not…though that makes it sound like you can’t do normal package updates, which are ok). Basically the native Ubuntu mechanism has no knowledge of the hardware or required drivers. Factory reset does not occur until you’ve flashed while in recovery mode…did you flash yet, or just put it in recovery mode?

Dear linuxdev…

I really want your help.Please help.
I have a problem correctly with problem of the top.
I found message tegra-xhci tegra-xhci: failed to init firmware from filesystem tegra21x_xusb_firmware after update.
Before installing JETPACK, I updated ubuntu 14.02 to 16.02. and rebooted.
After rebooting, The USB 3.0 port and micro usb-b port don’t working…
I can’t do anything.
I tried to factory reset in the recovery mode but i didn’t install JetPack yet and don’t use Usb Port, So I can not.
how do i reset JETSON TX1…?
I can’t do anything…

The Ubuntu mechanism for update will leave the system unusable. You will need to flash again (which will give you Ubuntu 16.04, a.k.a., L4T R28.1).

Recovery mode does not change anything and has no effect on the Jetson other than making it possible to flash while in recovery mode.

Actual flash must use the micro-B USB port. JetPack is a front end to the driver/flash program to run on the host. If you use the flash program directly on command line it can be run from any x86_64 PC Linux host…if you use JetPack, then your host must be Ubuntu 14.04 (16.04 works too, but may not support all of the sample programs on the host side).

The R28.1 download page is here:
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/linux-tegra

If you download JetPack it will do other downloads for you. If you use command line to flash, then you need the driver package plus sample rootfs. Note that JetPack can also install other related packages, but this does not occur until the Jetson reboots after the actual flash…and at that point it switches to using wired ethernet.

I recommend that if you can just download JetPack and run it as a regular user (you will be prompted for a password). Select flash on TX1, and I suggest don’t install any extra packages until flash is complete…then run JetPack again unchecking flash but checking packages you want. Be sure to use wired ethernet on the Jetson for extra packages.

Hello, tell me please step by step how to solve the problem. I updated on apalis tk1 ubuntu 14 to 16.04 and after the update I rebooted and when turned on, I saw “tegra-xhci tegra-xhci: failed to init firmware from filesystem tegra21x_xusb_firmware”. and do not work usb.

The Apalis requires the Toradex device tree. Every carrier board requires a different device tree, and the Apalis module itself would have a different device tree than does the Jetson TX1 (the two cannot use the same carriers, but if they could, then the device tree would still differ even on the same carrier). I don’t know the details, but somewhere Toradex will have a download for the board support package which can probably work in combination with any given JetPack/L4T release a TX1 is designed to work with. I am guessing you just used the Jetson software and did not add the Apalis BSP.