Jetson tx2 4GB

hi, why i make menuconfig enable linux gpio watch dog ,dmesg calls tegradc 15210000.nvdisplay: blank - powerdown tegradc 15210000.nvdisplay: blank - powerdown tegradc 15210000.nvdisplay: blank - powerdown and hdmi show unnormally

Maybe you disable something in menuconfig. We always directly add something new to tegra_defconfig.

can you give me a new tegra_defconfig ?

cause i make tegra_defconfig firstly then i make menuconfig add something , is something wrong ?

Hi,

I am not you so I don’t know what you’ve done to tegra_defconfig.
You should tell us what you’ve added first.

could you help check my file ?

Hi,

No offense. But where is your file?

tegra_defconfig.txt (161.4 KB)

Hi,

I just checked and notice many difference. Unfortunately, this issue cannot be checked by directly comparing the tegra_defconfig.

Could you share the full kernel log?

dmesg.txt (183.3 KB)

OK.

Sorry that the demsg does not help either. It just keeps blank and unblank the monitor.

I think then you should use the original tegra_defconfig,and try to figure out what is needed for linux gpio watch dog and then add it manually.

ok , can you give me the original file ? thanks

Please download the original file from the dlc.

Check the public source and you will find it.

lastly,i find the modules donot match the kernel, i put the modules into /lib/modules/ then hdmi does work.

Could you share what module you are talking about?

when i type lsmod ,i find no modules on unnormal board; make modules && make modules_install under kernel source then you can find the lib/modules/4.9.140 inserted by modprobe automatically.

Ok. Then I guess this issue is caused by the kernel version name.

If you use official kernel image, command “uname -r” will give you “4.9.140-tegra”

and the kernel module would search lib/modules/4.9.140-tegra.

However, if you forget to add local version “-tegra” during kernel build, “uname -r” will only give 4.9.140 so the search path is lib/modules/4.9.140 which is missing on your board.

ok , i know . thanks

Did you set “CONFIG_LOCALVERSION” to this? If not, then your module search location changed:
CONFIG_LOCALVERSION="-tegra"

CONFIG_LOCALVERSION determines the suffix of “uname -r”, and modules are added at:
/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel

Also, you would probably only want to add a new module and not overwrite all modules if your initial configuration is mostly the same (other than adding a module) as the previous kernel configuration. Mostly adding a module does not need “make modules_install” and you can just copy the one module. I always recommend building the full kernel once before a module as a sanity check (and it conveniently fills in the config needed for modules), e.g., “make Image”, and then the “make modules”.

I didnot set CONFIG_LOCALVERSION, Ok i will make a module by “make modules” replace or add a new module . thanks.