Jetson TX2 custom board HDMI problem

I’ve checked this and pinout is OK.

Then it is strange…did you try another display?

Is there any other difference between your design and dev kit? What’s the strapping pins status on your board (you can find info in strapping pin chapter in OEM DG)?

What is it “OEM DG”?

How did you make your custom board? Didn’t you follow OEM DG? Please check the TX2 docs in DLC, OEM DG is Jetson TX2 Series OEM Product Design Guide.

Yes, I did. It is in my design UART1_TX (D9 ping) and UART0_RTS (G11 pin) is left unconnected. Is it problem?

It is OK to leave them unconnected. If the 5V_HDMI is correct and connection design of HDMI is correct, then it looks strange. There might be some difference on other place. There is a checklist table in OEM DG for reviewing design, and still please check and compare your design to reference, there should be some findings, otherwise it is unreasonable.

Hi,

What is the result if you just flash current dtb and put it on custom carrier board? and what is the result if you just plug it out and put it on devkit without flash?

Hi,
It’s on DevKit working HDMI with any dtb default and my custom dtb. It’s on my custom board not working both.
I’m tryed it with two different displays.

I’m attached my custom dtb file please check if some wrong.

Thanks!
tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-00-base.txt (9.0 KB)

Hi xuch,

Could you also share the log from /var/log/Xorg.0.log from your custom carrier board after device boot up?

There is attached Xorg.0.log.

Thanks!

Xorg.0.log (12.6 KB)

Hi xuch,

Xorg.0.log also has no error.

In my previous comment:

What is the result if you just flash current dtb and put it on custom carrier board? and what is the result if you just plug it out and put it on devkit without flash?

What I wanted to say is if you claim “your board design is almost same as NV devkit”, then when you flash customized dtb, it should work on both carrier boards.

But currently,

Custom dtb + nv devkit → Working.
Custom dtb + your carrier board → Not working.
(please correct me if this is wrong)

It is obvious that your carrier board has some issue. We cannot point this out because software log prints nothing at all.

I have the same case with the board from ANT MICRO. And checking all the HDMI Design with ANTMICRO board is the same. I think exists some problem with the DTB. Using a L4T Drivers oldest I have interference in the screen but with the new one, directly the screen is black. Looking the comments here in this post I have exactly the same problem.

Hello,

I suggest you can file a new topic and share your log there.
Nothing display on the monitor does not totally represent the dtb has problem. If your signal integrity does not go through tuning, then it is also possible to have corrupted signal on monitor.

I’m found that my boot parameters for custom board is differ from booting the same TX2 module on EVM. It’s for boot my custom board missing parameters ‘tegra_fbmem2=0x800000@0x9607b000’ and ‘lut_mem2=0x2008@96078000’.
What is the reason for this difference and how can I fix it?

Thanks!

Hi xuch,

Please help to open a new topic for this issue. Thanks