Jetson TX2 Failing to Recognize USB-A Connections

I just finished flashing my Jetson TX2 with L4T release 32.6.1 following the instructions given here.

The TX2 will boot, but will not recognize peripherals attached to the USB-A port. Both the HDMI input and the micro USB are working fine.

Before booting, the TX2 runs into the errors shown in the images below.

After booting, we arrive at this system configuration screen but are unable to apply any input.

How might I fix the USB-A port on my TX2?

Is it correct that you cannot complete the first boot account setup because of the USB-A port not working? Basically what you see is not an error, but would require a keyboard to complete. An alternative is to use serial console (which uses a remote PC to act as the terminal). Anyone developing is advised to have serial console available anyway, and is independent of USB, but I am not sure why your keyboard would not work. If interested in serial console, see:
http://www.jetsonhacks.com/2017/03/24/serial-console-nvidia-jetson-tx2/

Yes, the problem is the USB-A port is not working. Thank you for the serial console advice, I will look into it for now.

Ultimately I will need to be able to use the USB port, so if anybody can advise on how I might get the USB error fixed I would greatly appreciate it.

Those prints you saw on the HDMI screen does not help.

Dump the log as linuxdev’s suggestion may help.

Also, please clarify whether this is a TX2 developer kit or some boards from other vendors.

Thank you for your help, I am using a Connect Tech Orbitty Carrier for the Jetson TX2, from this page. I have followed the instructions given at the tutorial supplied by linuxdev but I’m having issues getting the serial console to work.

After connecting the Jetson to my laptop via the USB to TTL cable as described in the article, the Jetson is not showing in lsusb output on my host machine or in the /dev menu as ttyUSBx. Any advice?

To clarify, you would have to use the Connect Tech board support package for flashing. Mainly this differs in device tree, and an incorrect device tree could cause different parts of the system to fail. Normally serial console would work even if the device tree is not correct, but it could fail in some cases.

I do not know how the Connect Tech carrier board differs, so I don’t know if they use a micro-B USB cable for serial console, or if they use a 40-pin header (or something different). However, what do you see from your host PC if you monitor “dmesg --follow”, and then plug in either your serial cable or whatever cable is used on that carrier board? What are you using for the cable?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.