Jetson TX2 Freezes at System Configuration Screen

Hi,

It should work.

1 Like

Just an added note: J17 on this board is a 3.3V logic level serial UART. Whether or not this is bound to serial console or the recovery mode flash I do not know. The use of a dev kit carrier board for flash is a good idea. Do know that without the Leapard Imaging carrier board firmware the module probably will not boot correctly on that carrier. Conversely, if you do use the Leapard Imaging firmware, then despite being able to flash on the dev kit carrier board, you won’t be able to fully boot on the dev kit board. Flashing is portable, booting is not.

When you do flash for the Leapard Imaging board be sure you get firmware designed for use with the JetPack/L4T/SDK Manager release as well. Cross version flashing generally does not work well.

So I could attempt to flash on the dev board but then would have to reinstall on the Leopard board to see if it boots? I am ok with that. I also have the image, drivers, etc for the board so I am good there.

Also if I use the dev board will I still have to use the Serial Cable to get around the current modules XUSB issue?

BTW thanks for the great info.

This is correct.

If the correct firmware is in place for the carrier board which the module is mounted to, then USB should work correctly. Sometimes there are still uses for serial console, e.g., for first boot account creation when no monitor is available.

1 Like

Thank you.

I was able to reflash the module the dev kit board. Thank you all for your help.