Jetson TX2 Infinite Boot Loop

Hello, after an apt-get upgrade my Jetson TX2 went into an infinite boot loop and won’t recover.

Also, the recovery mode button does not work (I went through the forums and videos to make sure I was doing it right.)

I don’t have yet a TTL Console Cable,

currently it just has a monitor and a keyboard on it.

Is there a way to interrupt the boot sequence and/or pull it out of the continual booting process?

Do you have ethernet connected? It is quite possible video is what is cycling and it isn’t actually rebooting. The inability to go to recovery mode though is a concern…are you using the micro-B USB cable and the host does not show via “lsusb -d 0955:7c18”? I know you said you checked to make sure you were doing it right, but if the cable is type-A instead of type-B it won’t work.

Interrupting boot requires a serial console.

Note: If you have ethernet you can ssh in and correct any overwritten libglx.so file…this would be very likely to have happened if it is only video which is cycling and not an actual reboot. Should you be able to connect over ethernet check this:

sha1sum -c /etc/nv_tegra_release

If libglx.so shows as not correct, do this:

sudo rm /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra/libglx.so /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
# Then reboot.

Hello, I just had a similar error.

After successfully flashing my Rosie Embedded System (a nvidia jetson TX2) with JetPack 3.3 from an Ubuntu 16.04 Host, I rebooted the system and got an error about graphic configuration, selecting to run on default config, it got stuck on an infinite loop at the user start session screen.

I ssh from the host and checked: “sha1sum -c /etc/nv_tegra_release” but libglx.so is OK.
How can I solve this problem?

Does “sudo” work? For example, does this work or fail: “sudo ls”. The actual “ls” output is unimportant.

Is your monitor purely HDMI? Are there any adapter cables? Is there anything special about the monitor?

Yes, “sudo” works.

The monitor is a HP EliteDisplay E233 with HDMI (connected to Jetson TX2), VGA, and DisplayPort(connected to HOST).

After failling to flash to JetPack 4.2.2 and 4.2.1 getting the following error:

Error: Return value 1
Command tegrarcm_v2 --download blob blob.bin
Failed flashing t186ref.

I’ve been able to solve the problem flashing to JetPack 4.2.