Jetson TX2 issue with Basler AG ace acA2440-35um device

Hi,

I have a USB3 Basler AG ace device which I am trying to interface with Jetson TX2 board (flashed with the default Ubuntu 16.04). I am using a USB hub with external power source. As soon as I connect the external camera, mouse and keyboard start developing some lag but there is no difference in the CPU usage as per performance monitor. Inside the Pylon viewer (official driver required for Basler cameras), I am able to get single shot images but if I try to grab a video, the application starts throwing read error. When I try their sample code to grab images using C++ handlers, I get a "Null Point Deferenced " exception. Soon after, camera stops showing up in the lsusb output and I have to disconnect USB hub for a while before I can use it again. I do not have an option to set the image quality because error is thrown as soon as I try to initialize the camera. Everything works perfectly when I connect it to my Personal laptop with the same Pylon Drivers (connected with and without external USB-hub).
I checked lsusb -v and Basler Ace shows up as USB3 device. On connecting the camera, lsusb -t shows the device connected to high speed USB port as:

/: Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-tegra/3p, 5000M
|__ Port 1: Dev 5, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 5000M
|__ Port 4: Dev 9, If 0, Class=Miscellaneous Device, Driver=, 5000M
|__ Port 4: Dev 9, If 1, Class=Miscellaneous Device, Driver=, 5000M
|__ Port 4: Dev 9, If 2, Class=Miscellaneous Device, Driver=, 5000M

The drivers are not being shown because it uses Pylon drivers instead of UVC drivers.

Another observation is that when I try it on a TK1 device, I still get really bad FPS on the camera but there is no "Null Point Deferenced " exception on the C++ sample code.
From other topics having similar issues I have seen that there are some bandwidth issues on the TX2 and TK1 because I am assuming that these boards should be able to handle the video stream. If there is, how do I proceed to resolve it and if not, any help provided is much appreciated.

Hi,
The default release supports the case of launching USB camera through UVC drivers. Are you able to launch the camera in v4l2-ctl command or gstreamer pipeline? Please refer to
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1057681/jetson-tx1/logitech-c930e-on-jetson-tx1-very-slow-and-choppy-video/post/5363417/#5363417