Jetson TX2 module + WiFi connection

Hi all,
we are building a drone that has limited space for our electronics so we want to use the Jetson TX2 module + the Quasar carrier board from Connect-Tech. Using the whole board of the development kit was out of the question for this application. One of our challenges is to have this drone connected to the internet during deployment since we need to send all sensor readings continuously.
I see that the Jetson TX2 has two antenna connectors on one side of the module. I’m wondering if connecting the antennas from the development board directly to those two points would be enough for us to achieve our goal.
The carrier-board we want to use, the Connect-Tech’s Quasar, has one Gigabit Ethernet port and 3 USB ports. The ethernet port cannot be used in this project since it’s a small drone and the USB ports will be all connected to one LIDAR and 2 USB cameras so there won’t be any USB port left for a USB dongle for WiFi.
Any advice/recommendation will be very much appreciated.
Cheers,
Boris

Hi,

Sorry that I don’t quite understand what is your question here.

antenna connectors on one side of the module. I’m wondering if connecting the antennas from the development board directly to those two points would be enough for us to achieve our goal.

What “two points” is that? And achieve what goal?

jetsonTX2

I want to have a WiFi connection, that’s my goal… how do I do it?

Hi,

That two point is connecting to antenna as below picture shows. This has nothing to do with enable wifi enable/disable.
This just provides better signal quality. Even if you don’t connect this point, the wifi is still ON. Just with poor signal.

As for how to use wifi, this is just as how you use a wifi on laptop/host machines. After the jetson tx2 boots up, use the ubuntu GUI to select your wifi device to connect. Or you can use the GUI to configure your board as a wifi AP.

You may need to write a program to handle the data you need between the jetson and your drone.

1 Like

Hi Boris.Duran -

We would be happy to help you with this! There are a few options for you to consider. If you email sales@connecttech.com and reference the title of this post, we can connect directly and discuss how to add WiFi to your Jetson TX2 project.

Looking forward to connecting,
Jacki

1 Like