Jetson TX2 Remote Compiler

Hi guys,

Is it possible to use a clean Ubuntu distribution and set it up in such a way that I can write and compile codes into it, then copy the build contents over into the Jetson TX2 device?

If so, can you give me a few pointers how to get started. This is my first time woring with Jetson and Linux environments in general so Im pretty slow in finding where to start.

Also I do not have the Jetson device itself as I am in a remote office from the device.

Cross compile is how the official documentation describes building for the TX2. If you go to the URL for your specific release, and download the “Documentation”, then you should have that information. Don’t know what your release version is (see “head -n 1 /etc/nv_tegra_release”). Some versions are listed here:
[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/linux-tegra-archive[/url]

Beware you probably have to go there, log in, and then go there again (it won’t redirect correctly).

It isn’t too hard to copy user space programs to a Jetson over ssh (scp command). Flash itself though would require physical access and recovery mode over USB.

Hi,

I see that you were the same person who answered my other post about this.
Would you mind continuing the conversation/discussion over there?

I might have answered again already, which thread are you looking at?