Jetson TX2 SPE CAN Application

Hello! I’m trying to get the CAN application example for the SPE running on my TX2. I have the CAN from the Jetson connected to a USB CAN transceiver on my laptop. However, I’m not seeing any messages being sent to my laptop. When I run candump, I just get a cursor and no data received.

Hello, ssb:
Have you ever followed the steps in doc/can-app.md?
Some tips;

1. add some print code in CAN test app and check whether the routine is working as expected.
  2. use oscilloscope to check the can TX pin waveform to make sure the settings like pinmux/scr/clock/etc. are correct.

br
ChenJian

Hello,

Yes, I’ve been following the steps in doc/can-app.md. If I add print code in the CAN test app, where is it printed to?

Hello,
TX2 should use UARTG as SPE debug port. Please check NVIDIA_JetsonTX2_Series_OEM_Product_Design_Guide.pdf, and it should be UART7.

br
ChenJian

we’re using a custom carrier board and don’t currently have access to UART7, is there anyway to use the IVC channel?

Hello,
UART7 is only for debug, and without that access will not impact on SPE firmware function unless that port is occupied. (But it’s better to fly wires to enable that uart, or it may be difficult for further debug.)
First, please run a default SPE firmware, without any change, follow instructions in doc/devicetree-ivc.md and check whether ivc works well.
Then you can move forward to CAN app.

br
ChenJian

Yeah, I was able to get the IVC channel working. I started with that before going to the CAN app.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.