Jetson TX2 sudo password recovery

Hi,

Thank you for your replay.

Based on this this forum discussion, I just Looked for any nc processes and killed them. Then JetPack was able to determine the IP address of the Jetson Developer kit.

I hope one day I can upgrade to the latest version :)

I have a question.

I remember the last command I used before the sudo password did work was the following:

rosbag record to sd card. Do you think this command may had influenced the sudo password not working?

Cheers

I have no experience with that command, though it seems to be for robot operating system (which I do not use). I suppose that there are a number of ways this could have gone wrong when used with sudo, but it isn’t possible to really know without logs of what the command actually did. As an example, something as simple as incorrectly naming the SD card as destination could fill the eMMC and prevent sudo from working due to lack of temporary file space. Or naming an incorrect output location with sudo might overwrite something else (easier to do than it sounds if you use tab completion). How ROS deals with passwords and admin I do not know…never used it before…but perhaps it has its own commands which would alter password or sudo behavior.

If you do this again, I suggest that while doing it you have a serial console logged in, and that on the serial console you first drop into a root shell with “sudo -s”. Then if something goes wrong root can fix the issue short of something which locks up the operating system.