Jetson TX2 to drive SSRs

I have this application where I need to activate Solid State Relays with the Jeston TX2, but the GPIO current capabilty is not enough. I tried to get a Raspberry PI Automation Hat that has digital outputs and relays, but it wont work with the jetson.

I was wondering if somebody can recommend a way to drive SSR loads from the Jetson TX2, like an expansion board or some wise trick. The current required is 20 mA, and voltage of at least 3 V, for each SSR.

Hope someone has such experience can be shared. Do you have the datasheet of SSR?

I was able to solve it by using the Automation Hat created for raspberry pi, and activating each GPIO that correspond to the relays and digital outputs directly, with the jetson.GPIO library. However, now the Jeston Library stop working and it gives me this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “GIO.py”, line 1, in
import Jetson.GPIO as GPIO
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Jetson/GPIO/init.py”, line 1, in
from .gpio import *
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Jetson/GPIO/gpio.py”, line 70, in
model, JETSON_INFO, _channel_data_by_mode = gpio_pin_data.get_data()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Jetson/GPIO/gpio_pin_data.py”, line 353, in get_data
for fn in os.listdir(gpio_chip_gpio_dir):
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/sys/devices/3160000.i2c/i2c-0/0-0074/gpio’

Any idea of how to solve this issue? Also it wont send the video signal to the HDMI.

I can’t help much, but the gist is that HDMI uses i2c protocol to query the monitor, and you now have an i2c error. Something about your device tree (or the new “automation hat”) seems to be misconfigured and is colliding with the i2c controller which was intended for HDMI query. There is no way I could tell you the specifics, but it is highly likely this hat needs different device tree settings.