Jetson Xavier AGX devkit fails to boot

Last week my Jetson stopped loading. It goes through the boot sequence, then goes into a blank screen. I’m still able to ssh into it from another device. At the end of the boot sequence I see:

Feb 21 14:48:29 ubuntu kernel: [ 54.164492] NVRM: No NVIDIA GPU found.
Feb 21 14:48:36 ubuntu kernel: [ 60.892336] FAT-fs (mmcblk1p1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.

But I also see these messages in previous, successful boots. Is there any way to resolve this?

kern.log.txt (100.3 KB)

please attach the log file /var/log/Xorg.0.log here.

Thanks for the response, I’ve attached the requested log file.

Xorg.0.log (12.0 KB)

Looks like xorg ran into an error. Your system still boots but just desktop GUI fails to launch.

Did you remember what did you do, for example, installing something, before the error happened?

Nothing was installed as the jetson is not connected to the internet.

The last time it was working, I was setting up some docker images and relocated the docker root directory. I created a /etc/docker/daemon.json file and modified /lib/systemd/system/docker.service to point docker to the external sd card.

May I check your /etc/X11/xorg.conf?

I can grab the config next week when I’m back in the office. Thanks for the support.

I see that the autoaddgpu flag is set to false, but I’m not sure what the norm is.

xorg.conf (680 Bytes)

Could you try to run this command manually and see what gets shown?

[ 37.691] (EE) Error compiling keymap (server-0) executing ‘“/usr/bin/xkbcomp” -w 1 “-R/usr/share/X11/xkb” -xkm “-” -em1 “The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:” -emp "> " -eml “Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server” “/tmp/server-0.xkm”’
[ 37.691] (EE) XKB: Couldn’t compile keymap

I ssh’d in and ran the command.

“Warning: No pre-error message specified. Trailing “-em1” option ignored”

Sorry for the late response, is this still an issue to support? Thanks

Hey, I was not able to figure out the issue. Wayne suggested that there were no hardware problems based on the logs I provided, so I ended up reimaging the device which resolved the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.