Jetson Xavier Cloning with l4t_backup_restore.sh

Hi, I’m trying to clone a jetson Xavier NX using the backup and restore tools using the L4T_34.1.1
I’ve put the jetson into recovery mode, and followed the steps listed in /tools/backup_restore/README_backup_restore.txt file and run the following command:
sudo ./tools/backup_restore/l4t_backup_restore.sh -b jetson-xavier

However, a little while into the process I get the following error:
Error: Return value 8
Command tegrarcm_v2 --instance 3-13.1 --download bct_bootrom br_bct_BR.bct --download bct_mb1 mb1_bct_MB1_sigheader.bct.encrypt --download bct_mem mem_rcm_sigheader.bct.encrypt
Cleaning up…

This doesn’t really give me much to work with, I’ve been going over the L4T documentation, and haven’t been able to find any steps that I’ve missed. I’ve also tried this with different Jetsons on both our custom carrier board, and on the NVIDIA dev kit without any difference in outcome.

hello relliott,

l4t-r34.1.1 is a developer preview version.
the production release (i.e. l4t-r35.1) is about to release around mid-Aug. please go ahead moving to that release version for testing.
thanks

So is the procedure that is documented here: Flashing Support — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation
not actually working? It would be very helpful if as issues are found with current released that the documentation is updated to say what is and what isn’t currently broken.

please check the announcements,

there’re some bug fixes for developer preview version, please waits for production release for verification.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.