Jetson Xavier Dev Kit won't boot

Hi all,

For no obvious reason, our Jetson Xavier Dev Kit no longer boots. We have had it for nearly 3 years now. The LED briefly flashes on and then off, and recovery mode doesn’t seem to work. I made a short video below:

I don’t see voltage off the 5v and 3.3v pins either. Is there a guide to troubleshoot and possibly repair? In a normal world, our university could just purchase a new one, but right now it looks like Ebay resellers is the only place to get a replacement, which is a purchasing nightmare for my robotics team. Is there a way to just get a new carrier board for the dev kit? We have a competition in May, so really can’t take 3 months of downtime.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give.

Are you powering via the barrel connector? If not, can you try doing so?

I have tried barrel connector with the included power supply, as well as with our 12V battery on the robot and I get the same results in all cases. Should have mentioned that. My last hope was to try a USB laptop cable (19V) with no success.

Hi, it looks like some components broken. If you have good hardware knowledge you can try debugging it based on P2822 schematic in DLC.

Have you done cross-check with another good devkit to confirm it is module or carrier board issue?

Not yet, going to try and find someone with one to try this.

Is there a way to replace the carrier board only on the dev kit? Sounds easier than debugging it.

You can try RMA process. Jetson FAQ | NVIDIA Developer