Jetson Xavier Nx Devlopper Kit Screen Freezing Problem

When using vscode, suddenly programram stops responding. While updating, the update screen does not respond in the same way. Randomly at different times but frequently I have this problem. I tried increasing the frequencies using the “jetson_clocks” command. But this was not a good enough solution.

hello hasan.ozcan0 ,

is there any kernel failures for reference?
you should setup a terminal with $ dmesg --follow and check the logs while the freezing happened.

Hello JerryChang,
gedit gave an error While taking a screenshot of gedit, the screenshot tool froze as seen in the photo below. But “dmesg --follow” doesn’t show any problem.

hello hasan.ozcan0 ,

it looks like system level issue, are you using gedit to open one enormous text file? (i.e. over 100MB)
please check $ cat /proc/meminfo for the available memory. thanks

No, I normally use vscode, but since it froze more, I decided to open it in gedit. The size of the file is not larger than 100mb. Only 4mb in size. Also the system started rebooting on its own.

hello hasan.ozcan0,

what’s the background service you’re running,
you may also check with ps aux to understand which process took the most CPU and Memory usage.

I am not running anything in the background. Only gedit is open and cpu usage is only 5%

hello hasan.ozcan0,

please share the command-line or steps to help us reproduce the issue locally.
thanks

Hello, my problem is caused by random slowdown of the system. Even when I don’t use any code that requires action, I can run into the same problem. For example, opening the text editor. In the image below, we see that the web browser is giving an error, but the CPU usage is very low.

hello hasan.ozcan0,

may I know which JetPack release version you’re working with,
you should check the release tag for the confirmation. i.e. $ cat /etc/nv_tegra_release
thanks

Hello JerryChang,
I installed the newly released version of jetpack. When I ran it in 20W mode, my problems went away completely.

Thank you for your attention. Have a good day