Jetson Xavier NX & Nano I/O Sink Currents

Is there in the datasheets or product design guides an explanation on the maximum I/O sink currents that the Xavier NX and Nano per I/O pin can handle?

By looking at the Xavier NX and Nano dev kit schematics I’ve noticed the following:

1. Xavier NX dev kit = POWER_EN signal buffered with SN74LV1T125. This buffer has an output drive of 8mA at 5V.
  2. Nano dev kit = POWER_EN signal buffered with 74LVC1G126. This buffer has an output driver of 32mA at 4.5V.

Is this a problem if the Xavier NX and Nano modules are used interchangeable on the dev kits?

We are trying to establish commonality among components on a custom carrier and knowing the risks on I/O sink currents will be helpful.Nano_Buffer XavierNX_Buffer

Hi, both are OK as there is other buffer inside module for the pin.

@Trumany - thanks! What about all other I/Os on the Xavier NX and Nano module? Are they also buffered?

It would be good to know the sink current limitations for all I/Os. For example, will the Debug UART Receive pin 238 (UART2_RXD) be able to handle the same buffer as implemented for the POWER_EN signal?

Most pins are 1mA/2mA capability, also there is some pull-strength info in pinmux sheet in DLC for your reference. A buffer just provides enough drive capability to the signal, the real current goes into pin is decided by pin itself, I don’t see any reason that buffer can’t be used for it.