Jetson Xavier NX - Reset EEPROM module to factory

CONDITIONS:
Host: Ubuntu 20.04
Carrier: Jetson NX development kit
GPU module: Jetson NX eMMC16G
500G NVME memory

With SDKManager I installed JetPack 5.0.2 into eMMC memory.
Then, I was trying to flash JetPack 5.0.2 into NVME memory. After different trieds, I made it following this command: sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc nvme0n1p1
The flashing process was successfully and I start to develop with it.
After on day, I tried to reflash the nvme memory but this time with JetPack 4.5.1. First, without removing NVME memory, I used SDKManager to uninstall the JetPack installed in eMMC memory. Second, I removed NVME memory from slot to delete its content. When I connect it to my computer, it couldn’t read it (I couldn’t read it in windows, either). I only changed the NVME memory for another one to continue with my work.

Then I used the command sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc nvme0n1p1 to flash NVME with JetPack 4.5.1. No error appeared in terminal, but when the Jetson NX booted this code lines appeared in the screen:

I have read about I2C problems and it looks like the EEPROM memory is corrupted.
I installed JetPack 4.5.1 in its eMMC memory to look what is in EEPROM. The command sudo i2cdump -y 0 0x50 returned the following:

thanks in advance.

Hi,

I would suggest to dump the real full log with uart serial console first.

Not quite sure why you think this is eeprom issue. Your description does not provide information that this is eeprom problem.

Actually, how you flashed the board is not correct.

For example, what did you expect this command tries to do?

sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc nvme0n1p1

This does not flash anything to nvme drive.

Also, the whole comment you are doing here:

After on day, I tried to reflash the nvme memory but this time with JetPack 4.5.1. First, without removing NVME memory, I used SDKManager to uninstall the JetPack installed in eMMC memory. Second, I removed NVME memory from slot to delete its content. When I connect it to my computer, it couldn’t read it (I couldn’t read it in windows, either). I only changed the NVME memory for another one to continue with my work.
Then I used the command sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc nvme0n1p1 to flash NVME with JetPack 4.5.1. No error appeared in terminal, but when the Jetson NX booted this code lines appeared in the screen

It sounds like you directly run the cross version of different jetpack without doing full flash?
This is not supported so error is expected.

Hi! Thanks for your reply

I don’t have a USB to TTL converter now. When I get one (next monday) I will show you the logs.

Not quite sure why you think this is eeprom issue. Your description does not provide information that this is eeprom problem.

I think it is an EEPROM problem, because in other posts I read something about it associated to error during I2C read probe, but maybe I got my conclusions wrong.

For example, what did you expect this command tries to do?

About the command sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc nvme0n1p1. I downloaded Driver Package (BSP), Sample Root Filesystem and Secureboot from Jetson Linux 35.1 | NVIDIA Developer and zip this file into one Linux_fro_Tegra folder and run the previous command the flash Jet Pack 5.0.2 into NVME memory.
It worked the first time, then happened what I told you and the problems beggin
With the command sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc nvme0n1p1 I flashed JetPack.

It sounds like you directly run the cross version of different jetpack without doing full flash?

Yes, looks like I had two JetPacks running at the same time. One in eMMC memory and another in NVME. This might start the problems, but when this happened, Jet Pack 5.0.2 in NVME memory was working well.

Hi,

I would say you should just trust what I said… we’ve seen issues for years. So I know something you are saying is incorrect.

1. the “i2c read probe” you are talking about is from “imx219”. This is a camera driver… and the error comes out just because there is no such camera in use… This error is common even when your eeprom is not corrupted…
    I would say you should not treat anything from i2c just as your eeprom corruption…

With the command sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc nvme0n1p1 I flashed JetPack.

This does not flash anything to nvme drive… I mean if you just plug an empty nvme drive to your jetson, run this command. And immediately remove this drive and plug it back to your host PC, you will notice your nvme is still empty…
Only sdkmanager can directly flash your nvme drive. Flash.sh cannot.

1. Since you don’t have usb ttl cable to dump uart console, actually what you are saying are all “guess”. You guess your issue is from reason A,B,C or you think your board has been working fine. But in fact you don’t know what is going on. You don’t have any log to tell…
    I would say just reflash your board with sdkmanager to make sure all the versions are aligned. We also don’t guarantee cross version bootloader and linux kernel would work fine.
    Maybe it indeed worked well on your side before, but it may be just your good luck.

Ok. Thanks for your help, @WayneWWW. I’m going to create another post focused in NVME flashing using SDKManager.

Thanks, again.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.