Jetson Xavier PCIe reset de-assert two times on PCIE0&PCIE1 during system power-up

Hi~
We used the same image on Xavier A02 & A03 module to measure PCIe power-up sequence, but we got a different result as blew:
Xavier A02 module(SD card sku) → PCIe RST & CLK de-assertion one time
Xavier A03 module(eMMC sku) → PCIe RST & CLK de-assertion two times
Could you explain what difference between A02 & A03 modules??

Thanks
Ken

Hi, is it Xavier or Xavier NX? What’s the A02 and A03 module part number? Where is the “same image” from? What have you done with the custom image? Have you repro on devkit?

For A02 and A03 module, it is same on PCIe part on hardware.

Hi~ Trumany,
Yes, We can repro it on devkit when we use Xavier NX PN: 180-13668-DAAA-A03.
I think somewhere different between the two modules. Otherwise, I didn’t get different results when I measured PCIe RST & CLK signals.

Test HW configuration:
Xavier NX PN: 180-13668-DAAA-A02 + Xavier DevKit PN:180-13509-DAAF-A01 → PCIe RST & CLK de-assertion one time
Xavier NX PN: 180-13668-DAAA-A03 + Xavier DevKit PN:180-13509-DAAF-A01 → PCIe RST & CLK de-assertion two times

Use SW image:
jetson-nx-jp46-sd-card-image / version 4.6.1
Download point: https://developer.nvidia.com/jetson-nx-developer-kit-sd-card-image

Thanks
Ken

Hi,

Could you compare the dmesg between these two boards?

Also, is there any pcie device connected?

Hi~Wayne,
Please refer to the attachment for module dmesg data.
We connect to a M.2 M Key PCIe SSD.

Thanks
Ken

Xavier_A02_eMMC_dmesg_log (63.3 KB)
Xavier_A03_eMMC_dmesg_log (63.4 KB)

Could you describe what is the exact problem you want to know here? Just why PCIe reset different times on each board?

From my point of view, NVMe is able to get loaded my both cases, right?

Hi~Wayne,
Actually, We have an issue related to Kingston SSD. Kingston SSD cannot be detected when it formats to NTFS, but EXT4 doesn’t have this problem. This issue only happens on Xavier A03 module(eMMC sku) and Xavier A02 module(SD card sku) doesn’t have this problem. So, I do some experiments related to PCIe RST & CLK. I think this issue is related to PCIe RST & CLK de-assertion two times.

Thanks
Ken

Hi,

Could you and your colleagues just use the same topic to track the same issue if you have anything to update?

We need to take time to investigate each PCIe issue so we won’t reply each topic everyday.

Hi~Wayne,
OK, I think we just focus on “M.2 nvme SSD detection issue” topic is enough.

Thanks

1 Like

Please attach what you found to that topic. I will close this one.