Joint translations all at origin when importing to scenekit

When exporting skeletal mesh from maya with connector plugin, the joints in the hierarchy are all translated to o,o,o when imported to scenekit. Currently using version 100.2.1. I’ll update to the latest and see if it still happens. I didn’t realize there was an update until now.

Hello richard.forman,
Thank you for the post, I will bring your inquiry to the proper channels for review.
Thank you for your patience.

I would have expected this to also work in your version. However, please update to the latest on the Omniverse Launcher which is 101.1.22. If you still have issues, let us know and we will dig into it deeper.

I updated the plugin to 101.1.22 yesterday, and still experienced the same issue. Due to NDA agreements I cannot share the assets. If i have time I’ll put together a test scene that exibits the same issue.

Here are the steps:
import fbx of skinned skeletal mesh character in Maya
export usd with omniverse plugin
check exported usd in pixar usdview and verify coordinates of joints
convert usd to usdz file with pixars usdzip with the --arkitAsset flag
copy the file to a mac and open with xcode.
if you explore the scene hierarchy you’ll notice that the joints are all at (0,0,0)

Hi @richard.forman. The developers have asked me to get a file of your logs and, if possible, a copy of the file you are using that is causing this error. Please attach here and I will send it over to the team.