JP4.2.1 with TX2 4GB shuts down carrier board after uboot

Hello,

I converted my Jetson image to JP4.2.1 today. It boots and runs fine with the original TX2 module from the development kit. When I replace the original module with a fresh 4GB module from Arrow I can flash it successfully using the proper conf file, but when it boots it shuts down the carrier board (all LEDs turn off except for red charger LED). Using boot console on ttyS0 I can see that uboot completes but then the messages stop as soon as boot console is enabled by the kernel and then the carrier board turns off. As far as I can tell from the docs there is no hardware difference that should be causing this. Can anyone help?

Andy

Hi Andy,

1. Could you share which board config you are using to flash?

2. What carrier board is it? I think it is also devkit, right?

3. Please share the boot log with us.

I am flashing with these two commands
4GB:
sudo ./flash.sh -d kernel/dtb/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base.dtb -K kernel/Image jetson-tx2-4GB mmcblk0p1

8GB:
sudo ./flash.sh -d kernel/dtb/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base.dtb -K kernel/Image jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1

This is a TX2 devkit carrier board

Boot logs for 4GB and 8GB I have and will try to upload after this posting.

Thank you,
Andy
bootlog_8GB.txt (61.9 KB)
bootlog_4GB.txt (16.7 KB)

Having posted that I’m now wondering if I’m incorrectly specifying the DTB for the 4GB module. I will try removing that parameter from the command and letting the flash script or conf file choose the DTB file.

Yes, the problem was my mistake in not checking the contents of my flashing scripts carefully when moving from jetson-TX2-as-4GB to jetson-TX2-4GB. Everything is working now.

Andy