Keep receiving "ERROR: Module nvidia not found" in Fedora 36 after installing graphics drivers

I have a MSI laptop with the GTX 970M graphics card. I disabled Secure Boot after installing Fedora, did a full upgrade (including the kernel), and I followed the instructions under Current GeForce/Quadro/Tesla in the rpmfusion page.
When I ran “modinfo -F version nvidia” I got “ERROR: Module nvidia not found”.
Whenever I would reboot the computer, it said “NVIDIA kernel module missing. Falling back to nouveau”.
I found a forum post which said “Run sudo akmods --force && sudo dracut --force to build the kernel modules” but this did not work for me.

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (77.3 KB)

Update: I tried nvidia auto installer and it did not work. Also, I am using the KDE spin, I don’t know if that’s relevant. t0xic0der/nvidia-auto-installer-for-fedora Copr

Update 2: I found a similar thread here, but btm.mosti’s solution seemed unclear. Are the segments under “Update grub2 conf” and “Generate initramfs” also supposed to be appended to “etc/sysconfig/grub”, and if not, where do they go? And what would my xorg.conf be?

I fixed the issue. It turns out I was missing an xorg.conf.
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/configuring-x-window-system-using-the-xorg-conf-file/

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.