Keras installation failled

While installing Keras in my Jetson AGX Xavier, I got the following error :

jetson-xavier@jetsonxavier-desktop:~$ sudo pip install keras
[sudo] password for jetson-xavier: 
WARNING: The directory '/home/jetson-xavier/.cache/pip' or its parent directory is not owned or is not writable by the current user. The cache has been disabled. Check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo's -H flag.
Collecting keras
  WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f76bab7b8>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known',)': /packages/ad/fd/6bfe87920d7f4fd475acd28500a42482b6b84479832bdc0fe9e589a60ceb/Keras-2.3.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl
  Downloading Keras-2.3.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (377 kB)
     |████████████████████████████████| 377 kB 396 kB/s 
Requirement already satisfied: keras-preprocessing>=1.0.5 in /usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages (from keras) (1.0.5)
Requirement already satisfied: h5py in /usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages (from keras) (2.9.0)
Requirement already satisfied: keras-applications>=1.0.6 in /usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages (from keras) (1.0.8)
Requirement already satisfied: numpy>=1.9.1 in /usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages (from keras) (1.16.1)
Collecting scipy>=0.14
  Downloading scipy-1.4.1.tar.gz (24.6 MB)
     |████████████████████████████████| 24.6 MB 655 kB/s 
  Installing build dependencies ... error
  ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
   command: /usr/bin/python3 /usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pip install --ignore-installed --no-user --prefix /tmp/pip-build-env-02poyqj7/overlay --no-warn-script-location --no-binary :none: --only-binary :none: -i https://pypi.org/simple -- wheel setuptools 'Cython>=0.29.13' 'numpy==1.13.3; python_version=='"'"'3.5'"'"' and platform_system!='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'numpy==1.13.3; python_version=='"'"'3.6'"'"' and platform_system!='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'numpy==1.14.5; python_version=='"'"'3.7'"'"' and platform_system!='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'numpy==1.17.3; python_version>='"'"'3.8'"'"' and platform_system!='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'numpy==1.16.0; python_version=='"'"'3.5'"'"' and platform_system=='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'numpy==1.16.0; python_version=='"'"'3.6'"'"' and platform_system=='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'numpy==1.16.0; python_version=='"'"'3.7'"'"' and platform_system=='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'numpy==1.17.3; python_version>='"'"'3.8'"'"' and platform_system=='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'pybind11>=2.4.0'
       cwd: None
  Complete output (39 lines):
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
      "__main__", mod_spec)
    File "/usr/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
      exec(code, run_globals)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pip/__main__.py", line 16, in <module>
      from pip._internal.cli.main import main as _main  # isort:skip # noqa
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pip/_internal/cli/main.py", line 5, in <module>
      import locale
    File "/usr/lib/python3.6/locale.py", line 16, in <module>
      import re
    File "/usr/lib/python3.6/re.py", line 142, in <module>
      class RegexFlag(enum.IntFlag):
  AttributeError: module 'enum' has no attribute 'IntFlag'
  Error in sys.excepthook:
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport_python_hook.py", line 53, in apport_excepthook
      if not enabled():
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport_python_hook.py", line 24, in enabled
      import re

Original exception was:
    File "/usr/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
      "__main__", mod_spec)
    File "/usr/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
      exec(code, run_globals)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pip/__main__.py", line 16, in <module>
      from pip._internal.cli.main import main as _main  # isort:skip # noqa
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pip/_internal/cli/main.py", line 5, in <module>
      import locale
    File "/usr/lib/python3.6/locale.py", line 16, in <module>
      import re
  ----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /usr/bin/python3 /usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pip install --ignore-installed --no-user --prefix /tmp/pip-build-env-02poyqj7/overlay --no-warn-script-location --no-binary :none: --only-binary :none: -i https://pypi.org/simple -- wheel setuptools 'Cython>=0.29.13' 'numpy==1.13.3; python_version=='"'"'3.5'"'"' and platform_system!='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'numpy==1.13.3; python_version=='"'"'3.6'"'"' and platform_system!='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'numpy==1.14.5; python_version=='"'"'3.7'"'"' and platform_system!='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'numpy==1.17.3; python_version>='"'"'3.8'"'"' and platform_system!='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'numpy==1.16.0; python_version=='"'"'3.5'"'"' and platform_system=='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'numpy==1.16.0; python_version=='"'"'3.6'"'"' and platform_system=='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'numpy==1.16.0; python_version=='"'"'3.7'"'"' and platform_system=='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'numpy==1.17.3; python_version>='"'"'3.8'"'"' and platform_system=='"'"'AIX'"'"'' 'pybind11>=2.4.0' Check the logs for full command output.

Anyone have the same problem ?
Many thanks.

Hi,

Could you try to install scipy with the following command first?

wget https://github.com/scipy/scipy/releases/download/v1.3.3/scipy-1.3.3.tar.gz
tar -xzvf scipy-1.3.3.tar.gz scipy-1.3.3
cd scipy-1.3.3/
python3 setup.py install --user

Thanks.

I had exactly the same problem as above. I manually installed scipy-1.3.3 per AastaLLL’s instructions above. That fixed the problem for me. Keras installed successfully subsequently.

But I’m using Python 3.6 so I got gobs and gobs of warning messages during the keras install. There were so many I didn’t think it was going to work. But it did. It worked fine.