Kernel Analyzer Tool?

Is there a tool for Nvidia compiler that lets you analyze kernels without having to run the code?

I’m going to assume no, that CUDA does not have any way of analyzing kernels without running them (which can be annoying).

I’m going to assume no, that CUDA does not have any way of analyzing kernels without running them (which can be annoying).

If you mean “analyze kernels without running them on a CUDA device,” there is Ocelot:

[url=“Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.”]Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

It can detect a number of error conditions at runtime.

If you mean CUDA C-specific static code analysis, then I’m not aware of anything.

If you mean “analyze kernels without running them on a CUDA device,” there is Ocelot:

[url=“Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.”]Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

It can detect a number of error conditions at runtime.

If you mean CUDA C-specific static code analysis, then I’m not aware of anything.

There are also some tools here, although I have not had the time to check them out myself: [url=“PARsE | Home”]PARsE | Home

There are also some tools here, although I have not had the time to check them out myself: [url=“PARsE | Home”]PARsE | Home