Kernel and u-boot source for Jetson Nano and Jetson Xavier NX

Hi,

is kernel(except dts) and u-boot sources for both Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson Nano devices are same?

Thanks,
Arun

I don’t think the kernel sources are the same (I can check later) but the NX uses CBoot whereas the Nano uses U-Boot.

Hi,

Kernel-> Not exactly the same. Nano is T210 series while NX is T194.

Uboot -> NX does not use uboot.

@gtj
@WayneWWW
Thank you for the reply.
I have downloaded the L4T driver package(BSP) sources for Both Jetson Xavier and Jetson Nano from here, https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/linux-tegra-r32.4.2

after downloading, I did untar of kernel_src.tbz2 (after untar got hardware, kernel folders and nvbuild.sh, nvcommon_build.sh scripts) and compared. hardware folder content is different for Xavier and nano but scripts and kernel folders of Jetson Xavier and Jetson Nano has same size and contents.
Please clarify if i am wrong. I am trying to check whether single kernel git project is fine for both Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson Nano platforms.

Thanks,
Arun

Hi,

Actually the kernel will use some macro to control which drivers would be built for nano while others are for NX.

But if you are just talking about the git project management, I think it is fine to use only one kernel repo.

1 Like

@WayneWWW
Thank you
I have downloaded the sources, there are 3 projects inside kernel(kernel-4.9, nvgpu and nvidia), to add custom interface driver where i can add in these?

Thanks,
Arun

Hi Arun,

We build drivers from all these 3 folders. But it is a convention to put your own driver in kernel4.9.
nvgpu is just for nvidia gpu driver and nvidia is for nv specific drivers which are not definitely upstream.

@WayneWWW

Thank you for the reply