Kernel warning “jump label: negative count”

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

We still experience the issue which was reported in Kernel warning "jump label: negative count" - #4 by a.dobke in DriveOS 5.2.6

According to @VickNV this was expected to be fixed in the next version: “The fix is too late for next release but will be available in its following version.”

Would you please let us know in which version it is fixed?

Thanks!

Dear @ebrahim4o8qh,
The fix is not available in DRIVE OS 5.2.6. Did you check the solution provided the post?

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. We didn’t test the kernel update yet.

I tried following this page. Is there anyway to update the kernel in an already flashed board? or we should flash it again? From this page, it seems that we should reflash it.

Please correct me if I am wrong. so:

• The 7th step is for when you want use the custom kernel while flashing the board
  • The 8th and 9th step is for when the board is already flashed and you just need to copy the files from out-t186ref-linux/lib/modules to /lib/modules in the flashed board.

Dear @ebrahim4o8qh,
8 and 9 are executed on host and copied files under /path/to/DRIVEOS/drive-t186ref-linux/targetfs/lib/modules. Please check flashing the board again after finishing the “Compiling the Kernel” steps

Thanks. How can we verify that the new custom kernel is in use? since uname -r shows the same string.

Dear @SivaRamaKrishnaNV

The kernel error still happens. Is there anyway to verify that the patched kernel is installed?