KF5 Konsole (15.04 and 15.08) consumes 100% CPU on close, only with proprietary nvidia driver

The newer drivers don’t seem to have the problem.

But they have the problem that they do not work at all with legacy hardware such as the nvidia Quadro FX 570

I recently upgraded to 375.20, and this also works. I looked around and see the Quadro FX570 has as its most recent driver (64-bit Linux) 340.98 (see [url]Official Drivers | NVIDIA). I wonder if the older 340.98 has the problem? Which version are you using? The issue was also not present on some of the older drivers. I sometimes wonder if a GeForce series driver could be forced and still have the Quadro work (but perhaps without Quadro-specific features, e.g., hardware line anti-aliasing).

Yes, 340.98 has the issue and is what my distro lets me use. Have not tried previous series that in fact should support the FX570 with a slightly reduced feature set. Currently, I am on the most recent noveau, that has a few glitches.

Wonder if the very new 340.102 has the issue…

I’ve been running 375.26 for a while now, 340.102 would be very old.

Old, but current… 340.102 is still the most recent driver you can use with the Quadro FX570