Kinect azure in issac sim

Hi,

I’m trying to run a kinect azures for depth data in issac sim 2022. ChatGPT seems to think I can just select the sensor but im not sure if its wrong about this. I had also looked into running this via a py method but im working on that in the background.

This is what GPT said

"In the Isaac simulation, the “Sensors” tab can be found in the “Isaac Application Properties” window. To access this window, follow these steps:

1. Open the Isaac simulation and click on the “Application” menu in the top menu bar.
  2. From the drop-down menu, select “Properties”. This will open the “Isaac Application Properties” window.
  3. In the left-hand panel of the window, you will see a list of tabs. The “Sensors” tab should be located near the bottom of this list.
  4. Click on the “Sensors” tab to access the sensor configuration options for the Isaac simulation.

From here, you can add and configure various sensors, including the depth camera sensor, to be used in the simulation."

I’m not sure if this is totally wrong but i cant find it the settings.

any ideas? It would be great to get data like this is without going thru a huge amounts of steps.

PS the new issac sim is AMAZING!

thanks

1 Like

I can’t make sens of what ChaptGPT told you… but…

If you want to collect depth data, you can create a camera and use it’s depth buffer. In general, this can be done with Replicator, an Omniverse extension that Isaac Sim uses.

https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/prod_extensions/prod_extensions/ext_replicator.html#replicator-tutorials

There are some tools in Isaac Sim that may help, but they all use replicator under the hood. There is more info at the current isaac sim documentation.

https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/app_isaacsim/app_isaacsim/tutorial_replicator_getting_started.html

We don’t have a Kinect modeled specifically, but hopefully you can make camera parameters that match it close enough for you!

Thanks very much, I need to look into this a little more. I have some issues I need to fix on my end and get teh depth data in, via Pykinect or PY4a

I’ll come back to this and update you how I get on with it!

Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.