KVM problem

Hello,

I have enabled the KVM in the linux kernel for AGX Xavier.
But, when I tried to install VM using “qemu-system-aarch64” command it gives the following error.

xyz@localhost: ~$ sudo qemu-system-aarch64 -cpu host -M virt,accel=kvm -m 4096 -nographic -drive if=pflash,format=raw,file=QEMU_EFI.img -drive if=pflash,file=varstore.img -drive if=virtio,file=debian.img -drive if=virtio,format=raw,file=debian-10.3.0-arm64-netinst.iso 
[sudo] password for xyz: 
qemu-system-aarch64: Initialization of device arm_gic failed: KVM with user space irqchip only works when the host kernel supports KVM_CAP_ARM_USER_IRQ

Any idea how to resolve this?

Hello, I have the same problem in TX2 - Jetpack 4.2.0.

Also, I’m experiencing an issue on KVM in Jetpack 4.3.0, where if I enable KVM, CUDA would stop working and nvpmodel would fail to load upon reboot. More info here:

I have the same problem. very bad that no one on the nvidia developers replied to this.

The reason might be you’re simply asking in the wrong forum. This one is about the x86 driver, so rarely anyone knows about the arm platforms. Those have their own forums:
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/c/agx-autonomous-machines/jetson-embedded-systems/70

1 Like