L4T 32.5.1 Unable to Update DTB

The dtb file provided by the camera vendor is tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000.dtb .

He has also seperately provided an Image , which I am using to update the kernel and putting it inside /boot/

The camera vendor in question is Appropho and this camera is specifically made for Jetson AGX Xavier.

Can you use dtc tool to convert this dtb back to dts and attach it here?

tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000.dts (270.2 KB)

Looks like the dtb is not flashed to the board. Could you try to use “-r -k kernel-dtb” to flash the dtb partition?

Also, could you attach the full log from host when you run the command?

flash_log.txt (14.8 KB)

This BSP folder didn’t do any full flash before?

NO , I just downloaded the L4T package on my host , replaced files as camera provider said and trying to flash , without -r , the flash is successful and I get " DTB is updated successfully " !!

Could you share the log?

Can you use the BSP that was used to flash the board to do the work?

Or can you just try to use a full flash first? And then you can use -r -k.

Without using -r, I am able to successfully flash the board, it says DTB is updated, but actually, DTB is not updated.

As I am replacing the dtb file with the custom dtb file provided b the camera provider, Is secure boot preventing to loading this custom dtb file as it is not signed and encrypted ?
xavier_flash.txt (28.5 KB)

I’ve used sudo ./flash.sh --no-flash -k kernel-dtb jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1 to get the signed copy of the custom dtb file , will try to flash again now with " -r " !!

Yes, do a full flash to see if the dtb would be updated or not.

Hi Wayne,

The problem is solved:-

1. USed Nvidia SDK Manager to flash AGX Xavier !!

2. DID NOT MIGRATE THE SYSTEM TO SSD as I Usually do using the below Jetson Hacks link !!

3. Followed Steps as provided by the Camera.

4. DTB has flashed actually and I can see the devices ( camera ) mounted.

Now the question is once we migrate and run Xavier from SSD using this blog, what is the problem.

if I migrated to SSD in Step 2, I am unable to flash the DTB.

Can you compare the uart log between working case and non working case?

I checked your log yesterday but it still read the dtb from emmc. Not sure why your dtb didn’ get update.

Also, this release is kind of old, so I am not sure whether there is a bug or not.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.